I saw a patent in the journal that is similar to mine. What do I do?

If you have reasonable grounds that the patent should not be granted, you may within two months from the date of advertisement, file an application to oppose the patent application.

However, if it is already registered, you can apply to have it removed from the register by stating your grounds for removal.

Where can I get the forms?

  • Lodgement Schedule-3 copies
  • PT Form No.13-2 copies
  • Grounds on which the opposition is based

How much does it cost?

  • Filing fee for locally based applicants -K83.40
  • Filing fee for foreign-based applicants –K200.10