- Literary works include things like novels, poems, short stories, periodicals, essays, dictionaries, manuscripts, periodicals, and articles. It also includes software, such as smartphone apps, video games, and software.
- Musical Works consisting of musical notes and lyrics in a musical composition
- Audio/visual Works such as films, online videos, television shows, video games, etc.
- Sound Recordings such asmusic on CDs, podcasts, and recorded speeches.
- Artistic works such as paintings, drawings, photographs, and sculpture; and
- Architectural works including architectural plans, buildings, and any associated drawings; and
- Dramatic works which include plays, operas, etc.
Copyright subsists in a work by virtue of creation; hence it is not mandatory to register. However, registering a copyright provides evidence that copyright subsists in the work and the creator is the owner of the work.