If you have reasonable grounds that the trademark should not be registered, you may within two months from the date of publication in the journal, file an application to oppose the application for registration.
However, if it is already registered, you can apply to have it removed from the register by stating your grounds for removal.
Where can I get the forms?
- Trademark Form 6 – Notice of Opposition to Registration of A Trade Mark (before registration)
- Lodgment Schedule – 3 copies
- Form TM No.27 – application to the Registrar for the rectification of the register or the removal of a trademark from the register – 2 copies (for registered trademarks)
- Grounds on which Form 6 or Form 27 is based
How much does it cost?
- Filing fee for locally based applicants -K833.40
- Filing fee for foreign-based applicants -K1,500